Rebecca has been teaching Vinyasa for over 13 years, and she holds a wealth of yogi wisdom and insights. This meet up will be held on Sunday, August 18, 2019, from 3-5 pm. Class will be roughly one hour, with some community discussion before and after, as well as some beginning acro partner yoga to close the session. Drinks and light refreshments will be provided. It's also just after Rebecca's birthday, so consider this a Leo Season celebration as well!
If you have your own mat, please bring it. If not, the studio is fully equipped with mats and a variety of yoga props. Safe street parking is amply available on 83rd street and surrounding streets.
The details -- PLEASE READ thoroughly:
1. This is our inaugural meetup series for LA-area supporters and friends of @blackgirlyoga (please find us on instagram, or join our BlackGirlYoga facebook group). Feel free to share widely with your networks if you are attending, or unable to attend.
2. All genders and racial identites are welcome, though the event centers self-identified black women.
3. Class will be offered FREE, with a suggested donation (suggested $10 - $20) to cover refreshments and the cost of the space. Please register here (free or paid), and/or bring your cash donation in person! No person will be turned away for any lack of donation. We graciously thank The Tree South LA for allowing us the use of their beautiful studio.
4. As this is our first event, class will be designed for all levels. This is a Vinyasa practice, which will end with some deeper held stretching, and light partner acro. As events continue, offerings may be more specific to advanced or beginner practitioners. Please note, we encourage all levels, all bodies, and all abilties to join us in this practice.
5. As we grow, meetups and classes will be held at various local studios, as well as outdoors at parks and beaches. If you have a space you would like to partner with us, please do not hesitate to contact us! If you are a business interested in sponsorship opportunites, please reach out as well.
Thank you for checking us out, and we'll see you there!